Media education for all: digital citizens criticize and combat fake news – MEDIAWARE
Project Nr.: 2021-1-SE01-KA220-ADU-000035659
The rapid technological development is a decisive factor for the way we choose to communicate with our fellow human beings and be informed. Nevertheless, the amount of information available in the media and social networking is so big that it often ends up being chaotic or even unmanageable. How many times have we wondered whether what we read or hear is reality or fiction?
Through the “MediAware” project we seek to equip today’s citizens with the necessary digital skills, to sharpen their critical thinking and to jointly support the consolidation of meaningful and effective communication, because communication should no longer be considered a utopia.
More specifically, “MediAware” project aims to equip educators who wish to teach media literacy and active citizenship, with skills and pedagogical resources. Apart from this, the project seeks to raise awareness among young people and adults about the risks connected with online misinformation.
The Consortium consists of the following organizations:
- COOSS- Cooperativa Sociale Onlus scpa
- FCB-FORUM CITOYENS BURGERS ASBL
- CFL- Söderhamn – Hälsinglands Utbildningsförbund
- ITC- Innovation Training Center
- FIP- Future in Perspective Ltd
The target users are the educators, and the final beneficiaries are the trainees.
- A guide for educators entitled “Media, Citizenship and Democracy”. It is about a pedagogical handbook including theoretical & basic concepts, training methods, tips and exploitation guidelines about “misinformation, fake news and active citizenship”
- A toolbox addressing young people and adults and aiming to enable them to carry out their own fact-checking and to put into practice what they have learned in theory
- An e-learning platform for open access use which includes two learning paths (one for educators and one for trainees)