Title: Game-Based Learning for Mothers with Special Kids Project
Project Nr: 2021-1-TR01-KA220-ADU-000029705
The project focuses on addressing the marginalized state of persons with disabilities (PwDs) by implementing a comprehensive approach that enhances the capacities of NGOs and Adult Educators. Through Game-Based Learning methodology, the project aims to empower mothers and caregivers to better support PwDs, fostering their social engagement, education, and overall well-being, especially in the context of post-pandemic challenges.
The objectives of the project are:
- To implement an EU-funded project to increase operational capacities, involving 15 representatives from 5 organizations.
- To raise awareness about the Erasmus+ Program among 270 local stakeholders, including managers, trainers, people with disabilities, and their relatives.
- To establish structured and sustainable dialogues in cooperation with silent partners in each country, enriching collaboration opportunities at the local level.
- To enhance the methodological capacities of 20 Adult Educators from 4 countries in the field of gaming for inclusion.
- To provide Participation Certificates to 25 organization representatives in C1, 20 Adult Educators in C2&C3, and 30 mothers with special kids in C4.
- To conduct local training sessions involving over 200 mothers of people with disabilities, caregivers, and personal assistants, aiming to raise awareness about social inclusion and family education.
The Consortium consists of the following organizations:
- ENGELI OLANBIREYLER VEAILELERI GELISIMMERKEZIDERNEGI
- ASOCIATIA PENTRU PROMOVAREA EGALITATII INTRETINERI – ADAPTO
- EUROPEJSKI INSTYTUTOUTSOURCINGU
- Türkiye Cumhuriyeti
- Mersin Valiligi
The target group is mothers who have special kids and/or their relatives/caregivers who have individuals with disabilities nearby them, in order to respond to their specific needs.
The outputs of the project are:
- A web page and guide on gamification for Adult Educators working in Disability as an outcome of 18 months of cooperation.
- A Tool Kit on Game-based Learning in Family Education as a result of 18 months of cooperation and the dissemination of it through national and Europe-wide networks to reach more beneficiaries.
You can learn more here: https://www.gamingwithoutbarriers.net/