Fashion for Inclusion. Training and labor inclusion through an ethical, intercultural and social fashion – Fashion 4 Inclusion
Project Nr.: 2020-1-ES01-KA202-082950
The Erasmus+ KA2 project Fashion for Inclusion aims to:
- Strengthen international cooperation in the field of VET between different types of organizations focused on promoting immigrants and refugees’ labor inclusion in the areas of sewing, upcycling, fashion and design
- Design, implement and test a common work-based Training Programme aimed at VET professionals focused on immigrants and refugees in the abovementioned fields
- Enhance the access of low-skilled immigrants and refugees to high-quality outcome-based VET, through flexible learning paths including key competences (languages and entrepreneurship) in curricula within an intercultural gender framework
- Strenghten the use of blended learning approaches combining Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) with face-to-face pedagogies, tailored to boost the social inclusion of difficult-to-employ people (DTE) such as immigrants and refugees in vulnerable situations
- Promote the professional development of VET professionals in NGOs, VET centers, Education centers and Social Enterprises to jointly implement innovative curricula providing a common language between competences acquired in learning and the needs of occupations and the labor market
In order to achieve these objectives we have created a CONSORTIUM formed by NGOs, VET providers, Social Enterprises and Higher Education Institutions from Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal and Belgium, closely linked with the fashion and training sector.
The Consortium consists of the following organizations:
- ASOCIACIÓN BIENESTAR Y DESARROLLO
- Mindshift Talent Advisory Ida
- CIEP asbl
- SOLIDARIDAD SIN FRONTERAS
- BAU, Centre Universitari de Disseny
- MondoDonna Società Cooperativa Sociale Onlus
The target groups of the project are:
- VET professionals (trainers, mentors)
- Imigrants and refugees at risk
- Stakeholders and public authorities
- General public
The outputs of the project are
- A competence framework for VET professionals in the fields of sewing, upcycling, fashion and design addressed to immigrants and refugees at risk.
- An intercultural Training Programme for VET professionals in the fields of sewing, upcycling, fashion and design.
- A MOOC for VET professionals and practitioners in the topics of sewing, upcycling, fashion and design focused on DTE.
- A handbook for trainers in the topics of sewing, upcycling, fashion and design focused on DTE.
You can learn more here: https://mooc.fashionforinclusion.org/