Project Nr.: 2020-1-UKOl-KA201-079268
Αccording to the United Nations’ Department of economic and social affairs population division, in 2019 there were 965,006 migrant children aged between 0 and 4 registered in Europe and a further 1,629,426 aged between 5 and 8. These children will be unavoidably traumatized to some degree from migration. This fact needs to be acknowledged; therefore it is essential to provide teachers, educational psychologists and parents with information and techniques to comprehend developmental trauma and its consequences.
Developmental trauma awareness is a fundamental competence necessary for a more stable society. Having a basic understanding and awareness of Developmental Trauma from a young age and how it contributes to one’s own sense of nervous dysregulation will lead the development of a more resilient global society where people treat each other and themselves with more tolerance and compassion.
The Erasmus+ KA2 Project “Mi Window” aims to psychologically support and socially integrate migrant children via school.
- Asociación La Bien Pagá Espacio Escénico
- KIST Consult
- ISTANBUL VALILIGI
- INSTITUTO PARA EL FOMENTO DEL DESARROLLO Y LA FORMACION SL
- INNOQUALITY SYSTEMS LIMITED
- Aspire Education Group Ltd
The end users of project are teachers, educational psychologists, youth workers and parents. The final beneficiaries are the native or migrant children who are being exposed in traumatic experiences.
- nline digital database for trauma awareness
- Developmental Trauma: theoretical and pedagogical basis and training curriculum
- E-learning course with trauma informed certification
- Guide to developmental trauma for schools, teachers, and parents
- Worksheets “My map”