Health Education for Young People with Disabilities – HEDY
Project Nr.: 2020-1-RO01-KA201-080353
In supporting the development of key competencies of youth with disabilities, special attention is given to the current Erasmus+ project – Health Education for Young People with Disabilities (HEDY), to raise the level of personal, social, and learning competencies to improve health-conscious, future-oriented life management. They imply the integration of the components of a healthy mind, body, and lifestyle. Through the proposed activities, raising teachers’ capacity, the project reduces disparities in acquiring key competencies & tackles discrimination, minimizing the gap between youth with ASD & typical youth.
A complex training program of 4 e-learning modules (interactive, with easy access & use of instruments for teaching) will be developed and available for free in 5 European languages: English, French, Romanian, Icelandic & Greek.
The Consortium consists of the following organizations:
- FUNDATIA ROMANIAN ANGEL APPEAL
- AUTISME-EUROPE AISBL
- GREININGAR- OG RÁÐGJAFARSTÖÐ RÍKISINS
- CENTRUL ȘCOLAR DE EDUCAȚIE INCLUZIVĂ NR. 2, MUNICIPIULPLOIEȘTI
The target groups of the project are Youth Workers. Final beneficiaries are young migrants and refugees.
The outputs of the project are:
- Module 1 – Explaining development and puberty to children and young people with disabilities
- Module 2 – Teaching personal hygiene and self-care efor children and young people with disabilities
- Module 3 – Sexual and reproductive health for teenagers with disabilities
- Module 4 – Legal and policy aspects related to health education of children with disabilities
- Guideline for young people participation
You can access the courses for free here: https://www.elearning.raa.ro/