Title: EU FOOD SECURITY HUB
Project Nr: 2022-1-ES01-KA220-VET-000087378
Tackling food insecurity promoting sustainable and socially inclusive food and agriculture ecosystems.
The aim of the EU Food Security Hub project is to promote cooperation, exchange of knowledge and the practice-scaling up across EU organizations that foster the creation of green jobs in the agriculture and food security ecosystems; while increasing the professional development of VET professionals to enhance the social inclusion of vulnerable groups.
The objectives of the project are:
- Promote cooperation, collaboration, and knowledge exchange across diverse organizations.
- Facilitate practice scaling-up to stimulate the emergence of green jobs within agriculture and food security domains.
- Enhance the professional growth of VET (Vocational Education and Training) professionals.
- Strengthen social inclusion opportunities for vulnerable groups.
- Focus on fostering green jobs creation in agriculture and food security sectors.
- Encourage the development and dissemination of sustainable practices.
- Foster a more inclusive and resilient ecosystem in the context of food security and agriculture./li>
The Consortium consists of the following organizations:
- ASOCIACIÓN BIENESTAR Y DESARROLLO
- Land Impresa sociale s.r.l.
- Estrategies de Qualitat Urbana
- FONDAZIONE ACRA
- RESEAU INTERNATIONAL URGENCI
The direct target groups of the project include VET professionals engaged in food security, social agriculture, and socio-labor inclusion, along with CSOs, Academia, VET institutions, Social Enterprises, and Public Administrations involved or interested in these areas. The project also indirectly targets low-skilled and vulnerable groups, general stakeholders, and the wider public.
The outputs of the project are:
- 1 European knowledge and experience sharing meeting.
- Competence Framework and VET professional itineraries Report for generating green jobs in food security ecosystems.
- 1 Cross-Sector VET Training Program, 1 VET MOOC, and 1 VET Toolkit for various stakeholders.
- Targeting professionals, institutions, universities, NGOs, Public Administration, and Social Economy Enterprises.
- 5 European Exchange and Peer-Learning Workshops.
- EU Guidelines designed to aid local governments in addressing food insecurity.
- 1 European Conference and Networking event.
You can learn more here: https://eufoodsecurityhub.org/