Title: YOUth ROund TRIP for Climate Action
Project number: 614827-EPP-1-2019-1-EL-EPPKA3-EU-YTH-TOG
OBJECTIVES – vision and mission
YOUROTRIP project aspires to
- Foster active participation and democratic procedures in decision making through a structured way.
- Promote the European identity and values,
- Establish a link between the youth, the local authorities and other relevant stakeholders in order to promote the social dialogue
- Raise awareness on the necessity for international cooperation to solve common challenges regarding Climate Change.
- To strengthen youth voice and foster their active participation, in order to shape their Europe, their environment and thus, their future.
YOUROTRIP is a 2-year project which involves the following activities:
- A training of youth workers on how to best support young people in engaging to policymaking through democratic procedures.
- A series of 7 youth exchanges with young participants from 8 European countries aiming to enhance the ability of youth to cooperate regardless the place of origin and cultural background.
At the end of each exchange the local youth who have been involved in the action, formulate a Local Youth Council, who then undertake to create networks though networking events, and roundtables with local stakeholders (Local and Regional Authorities, Schools, Universities, NGOs, Enterprises, Environmental and Youth Associations), share their vision, and ask for their support by signing an MoU altogether, stating the willingness to cooperate and support each other in future initiatives aiming at a more sustainable future.
Finally, representatives of all the Local Youth Councils across Europe, are going to present their policy recommendations to European Institutions in Brussels, in order to shape the future strategies concerning youth and environment, whilst a joint proposal idea will be developed in order to look for a way to continue and expand the network of Youth Councils.
Link of the Website: https://yourotrip.eu/about/