Supporting Non-Professional Teachers to Introduce Refugees to National Languages
About the project
LAY TEACHERS aims to help non-professional teachers (also known as Lay Teachers) providing them with innovative non-conventional teaching learning methods and resources, tailor made to introduce migrants, refugees and people seeking asylum to the national languages, improving access to adult learning
Lay Teachers are nonprofessional instructors who are not certified or fully trained according to the standards of the area or country. They can avoid the usual traps for professional teachers giving school-type language classes for refugees. This open thus the path for pedagogical innovation. They can set up also non-conventional learning environments, like non-formal and informal learning.
1. Provide innovative approaches and contents about innovative non-conventional teaching learning methods and resources to introduce national languages to refugees
2. Enhance the skills that non-professional instructors who assist refugees in language learning require to effectively support the acquisition of a second language.
3. Encourage migrants, refugees and asylum seekers participation in adult education programmes
- Project Results Training Guide on introducing migrants and refugees to national languages
A syllabus addressed to non-professional teachers and volunteers working with adult education providers and civil society organisations.
- Online Platform of Open Educational Resources on introducing migrants and refugees to national language
This platform provided access to information, tools and innovative resources, and supports online ICT-based educational delivery. The platform includes:
• An Online Digital Database of resources.
• Theoretical and pedagogical bases
• Blended Learning course (B-Learning), combining Innovative e-learning contents with practical face to face activities.
- Guidelines and Recommendations on introducing migrants and refugees to national languages In Adult Education.
A coherent set of practical recommendations on introducing migrants and refugees to national languages in Adult Education.
Form more informations please visit the projects website: www.layteachers.eu
This project 2018-1-ES01-KA204-050993 has been funded with support from the European Commission, though the ERASMUS+ programme. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.