IASIS NGO in cooperation with NOSTOS NGO, ERGOEREUNITIKI, and EADAP is functioning a shelter for asylum seekers called “MELLON”. This housing facility hosts 60 unaccompanied children along with 40 mothers with their children, all of them refugees who have arrived in Greece from war zones, such as Syria and Afghanistan and cannot return to their countries. The hospitality offered is not limited merely to the full coverage of basic needs, but also provides psychosocial support, educational and creative activities, as well as medical and legal services.
Our goals are the following:
- To cover primary human needs and safeguard children’s rights
- To develop children’s feeling of safety
- To offer psycho-social support
- To teach the children the Greek language
- To offer creative activities and entertainment with the aim of enhancing the children’s personality and cultivating their personal inclinations
- To offer professional preparation for employment and connection access to the labor market
- To tighten their relationship within the local community and enforce the wider social unity
For more information do not hesitate to contact us.