MILE program deals with individuals that are moving to Europe (refugees, migrants, asylum seekers) who are lacking in formal qualifications but have valuable experience gained during working life, family activities or other activities. These experiences can become an asset in joining successfully the host country.
The main objective of the project is to support the beneficiaries in identifying / capturing their experience in order to increase their employability chances. We work in three different national contexts – Poland, Greece and Italy – which must be taken into account in order to understand the specific needs of each country.
The main action areas of the project are as follows:
- Developing social and intercultural skills
- Development of media manipulation skills
- Combating discrimination and segregation
- Enhancing accessibility, participation and reward for disadvantaged people
- Facilitate their transition through different types of learning and training in the world of work in the host country
Refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants are the main target groups of the project partners (EST Poland, IASIS Greece and KEY & KEY ITALY) thus giving them a unique opportunity to increase their support for the growing number of immigrants in the wider European region.
The program is a Strategic Partnership in the Vocational Education and Training field implemented under Key Action 2, Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices of the Erasmus +
For more information visit MILE’s website: http://www.mileguide.eu/
The project poster
The project flyer
The Mile Guide