The aim of the INTERHEALTH project is to increase the intercultural competences of healthcare professionals in Europe, through non-formal training.
- Equip healthcare professionals with the intercultural competences required in order to provide medical and healthcare services tailored to the needs of their patients,
- Provide non-formal educational methods that can be combined with the formal education of the healthcare professionals
- Promote the efficient provision of healthcare to ethnic minorities that either inhabit or pass through the partner countries taking into consideration the significance of different perspectives on health and illness for an efficient and cost-effective healthcare system
- Sensitize the decision makers of educational and health policies in the partner countries concerning the need of both patients and healthcare providers
- Set off an international conversation and cooperation between healthcare professionals
- Address current needs and challenges of healthcare professionals.
The partners of this project are six organizations from different European countries, Greece, France, Italy, Spain and Austria, with long experience in non-formal education methodology and health care; working in the field and organizing and monitoring European projects.
The project is a strategic partnership for VET which is implemented under the key action Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices of Erasmus+ programme.
For more information, please visit www.interhealth.eu
The flyer of the INTERHEALTH project3
Interhealth Newsletter #2
Interhealth Newsletter #1