Shelter of Temporary Hospitality for Asylum Seekers
IASIS NGO, in cooperation with NOSTOS NGO, since December 2011 is functioning a shelter for asylum seekers, with a capacity of 70 people. The Shelter is under the project ‘Accommodation and Support for Refugees’ with the financing of the European Refugee Fund 2011 and the Ministry of Labor, Social Security and Welfare.
At the moment, there are 70 people (20 families) living in the Shelter, 34 of which are children. Apart from the daily nutrition and housing inside the Shelter, there is a psychosocial service, which faces individually the psychosocial issues of the beneficiaries, promotes their psycho-education, and organizes actions that prepare them for a smooth integration into the Greek reality and also enhances their personal possibilities, either they are adults, or children.
Even more actions are supported from the network of Volunteers from both organizations. The employment of mediators, and not just interpreters, is provided, as well as the provision of legal information and support. The Shelter also tries to raise the awareness of the community in minority issues, acting through targeted interventions in schools or parish, in order to fight the stereotypes for this particular target group.
For more information do not hesitate to contact us
Shelter for Asylum Seekers called “Mellon”
IASIS NGO in cooperation with NOSTOS NGO, ERGOEREUNITIKI, and EADAP is functioning a shelter for asylum seekers called “MELLON”. This housing facility hosts 60 unaccompanied children along with 40 mothers with their children, all of them refugees who have arrived in Greece from war zones, such as Syria and Afghanistan and cannot return to their countries. The hospitality offered is not limited merely to the full coverage of basic needs, but also provides psychosocial support, educational and creative activities, as well as medical and legal services.
Our goals are the following:
- To cover primary human needs and safeguard children’s rights
- To develop children’s feeling of safety
- To offer psycho-social support
- To teach the children the Greek language
- To offer creative activities and entertainment with the aim of enhancing the children’s personality and cultivating their personal inclinations
- To offer professional preparation for employment and connection access to the labor market
- To tighten their relationship within the local community and enforce the wider social unity
For more information do not hesitate to contact us.